Aug 12, 2013

Art Journaling Craze

Just what I needed....another creative endeavor. I have gotten sucked into the art journaling craze. I have been admiring some examples of it in magazines for awhile. My favorite is Art Journaling by Somerset Studio, a $15.00 magazine. Magazines this expensive should be classified differently, rather than simply as a "magazine". It seemed that mostly at the beginning, the style was just too messy for my organized nature. Then I began to see some examples that were pretty with the coordinating colors and pleasing graphics. And I read that anything goes in art journaling, that is the process and just whatever you like. No rules to follow or guidelines to observe. YAY! So I picked up a watercolor journal, a bottle of gesso, some acrylics to go along with the myriad collection of colored pencils and felt tip pens that I own. Couldn't find any spray inks at my Michael's, so Amazon gets more of my money soon.

In the meantime, I decided to try the style digitally. There are digital products coming out now in this same style. I went through my stash and did some playing around with blending modes in Photoshop. I already have over 110 GB of digital scrapbook materials, so what I really need is more!!! Anyway, This is what I came up with. (Now if I could just figure out how to get the background changed on this web site, I would be happy!)


1 comment:

Pam Banis said...

That is very pretty. I haven't heard of this technique, and will look forward to admiring more of your work.