May 1, 2010

Today's Walk

"Strange that so few ever come to the woods to see how the pine lives and grows and spires, lifting its evergreen arms to the light ~ to see its perfect success..."
Henry David Thoreau from The Main Woods

I went for a walk south down the road that runs in front of my house today. It is a private road owned by the family that lives farther up Chuckanut Mountain. I didn't pass anyone nor any vehicle, so it was truly a walk through the woods. There were not a lot of colors along this part. Washington isn't called "the Evergreen State" for nothing. But I did enjoy taking some pictures on this beautiful day. It was about 55 degrees and we had that white sky we see so often here.

There is a small waterfall both to the north and to the south of me.

Wild Strawberries

The view at the end of my walk.
 
As I turn back there is a Y in the road. You can walk on up to the top of the mountain, but I would have to be in better shape than I am now to make that trek!

What would Washington be without slugs? This was the only one I saw...but there will be many more as the weather warms up.


This is the only house to the south of me, so I am almost home.

 Home Again!

And the Johnny-Jump-Ups are finally taking over my flowerbed. The rabbits feasted on them all last year. I am hoping they have forgotten all about them this year.

Spring is wonderful here and I hope to get out for more walks before I leave this area. Hope you are having a nice spring and enjoying it wherever you may be in this beautiful world!

No comments: