Jun 21, 2009

My Dad

My first Father's Day without my Dad. I miss him, but not just cause it is Father's Day. I miss so much about him and it always gave me great pleasure to try to show him how much I had always loved him. One year I made a scrapbook for him for Father's Day. It is the proudest thing I think I have ever created. Just a few pages from it are below. They show what a fun Dad he was.
He loved holidays.....decorating...playing Hide & Go Seek and Old Maid....letting me beg for him to go get pizza on Sunday nights....scaring the beegeezus out of us on Halloween....taking pictures....traveling...oil paintings of John Constable....playing Tooth Fairy, Santa & the Devil...singing hymns very loud....and eating Chinese food.





To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you were the world.


I don't recall ever seeing my parents dance, but I will always remember him dancing with me,
so this song is special to me.

No comments: